Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year Blessings & Changes





“Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”
—Guy Finley

“And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that never were.”
—Rainer Maria Rilke

New Year Blessings Dear Soul,

I trust the holidays were exactly what you needed them to be. It can be a complex time. Mine were restful and I took some much needed time for myself.

Now I’m moving into knowing that 2017 was a blessing. Not always easy considering the challenges and grief experienced. But I know when I recognize the gifts in every part of it, my heart opens.

As I wrote more and more about living life from the heart last year, something inside me began to give way.

That culminated less than a week ago. Everything changed for me and the work I do. It began with anger and frustration. I knew I was leaving something out. I had plans to write articles and publish and just write more in general. It wasn’t happening. I was so focused on getting clients that I forgot…again…that I’m a writer. I asked myself what would happen if I only focused on the words. When I really listened, I knew that this was the path my heart wanted to take.

2018 will be about the words for me. I feel called to write from the heart as well as live from it. The stories I have to share are my own. The words that keep surfacing are not that different than what I’ve been doing. The difference is that I’ll focus on writing and not working with clients. The path to publishing requires some of the same platform building and marketing and I’ve made peace with that because more than anything, I want to share my words, my stories, my life in this way.

The Cauldron of Healing will continue. There is a new blog on the website that has yet to greet the world. I’m calling it Waiting on Wingbeats and Stars. It’s about creativity, courage and living from the heart. For that is finally what I’m doing. I’m following the energy. I’m listening to what I truly want. And I’m doing it.

May you find the courage to step into 2018 by fully stepping into your dreams. 2017 taught me life is too short to wait for the perfect moment or until I feel I know enough. As Rilke says in the quote above…let us welcome the new year, full of things that never were.

Blessings,

Joanne




Why Cauldron of Healing?

A cauldron is a container in which things are transformed by the heat of fire. The fire represents those experiences that help us grow. Our life is the cauldron, the container our soul uses to heal, transform and free us. Here is what I mean by freedom.

Freedom is to enter life more fully,
not to escape it.

Freedom is to enter the body more fully,
not to transcend it.

Freedom is to enter the moment more fully,
not to move beyond it.

Freedom is…

yours.

Cauldron of Healing

The fire brings changes.
Life brings changes.

The wood burns and I with it.
There is no other light but that
which burns within.

The cauldron bears the heat.
All within breaks down just enough
for something new to be born.

I am stirred.
My emotions, my sense of balance
stirred until something else begins.

The heat. The fire. Soon…
the moment of my rebirth.

Joanne Young Elliott ©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Stirs Us

PublicDomainPictures on pixabay As if stirring the contents of my life counter clockwise could turn back time, my mind’s eye wat...