Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blessings of a Shadowed Moon



Photo by Anders Jildén

My husband roused me early this morning to see the blood red moon. The eclipse was already underway as the shadowed moon at its fullest was setting. It was as though Luna’s brilliant reflective light was turned to blood by the Earth’s shadow, our shadow.

But blood isn’t just about woundedness and death. There is blood at birth too. Out of the pain and struggle something new is born. But first the shadow must rise and be seen. This is the nature of healing, the nature of being reborn.

As I lay down again to rest a while longer, I thought about the challenges the world is dealing or not dealing with. We as a whole seem to be casting a large shadow across our own reflective light. These thoughts lead me to wonder if somewhere in all this are the words that want to be born through me.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s Waiting on Wingbeats & Stars blog, I am waiting on the words. My goal for this year was to write and publish articles, but all the ideas I have come out stillborn. And then yesterday I realized the healing I’ve been doing has brought what it is I am to write closer and closer to the surface. Sharing my story like I’ve been doing here is a part of it, but I sense there is more.

As we heal we release our soul’s potential. Any blockage you feel is something to be healed. The shadow you cast upon your inner reflective light is simply that which you don’t want to acknowledge. It could be something you don’t like about yourself or something you want to love, but don’t feel good enough or worthy enough to step into.

So I will wait on those wingbeats and stars and I will continue to know I am good enough, that I am not my circumstances but the light that is reflected in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Stirs Us

PublicDomainPictures on pixabay As if stirring the contents of my life counter clockwise could turn back time, my mind’s eye wat...